The Halton Catholic District School Board is a model
learning community, widely recognized as distinctively Catholic. A provincial
leader in student achievement, HCDSB provides exceptional educational
experiences and services to over 31,000 students of all ages. God’s call to
love and to serve is nurtured across our 43 elementary schools, 9 secondary
schools, and 3 continuing education facilities, serving the communities of
Burlington, Halton Hills, Milton, and Oakville. With a focus on achieving, believing, and belonging,
we provide our students and staff with the tools for realizing their fullest
potential, while also instilling a life-long commitment to the community.
The Halton Catholic District School Board is a model learning community, widely recognized as distinctively Catholic, providing exceptional education, while nurturing the call to love and to serve as a people of faith, living out God's plan.
This new Vision Statement, which was adopted in September 2009, serves as the foundation in providing direction and purpose for the development and implementation of our Board’s Strategic Planning and Renewal process. This process has initiated the engagement and active participation of all of the Board's community partners, as our Catholic school community renews its collective commitment to the Board's Mission and Vision of Catholic education.
Our Mission Statement
The Halton Catholic District School Board, in partnership with home and Church, is dedicated to providing excellence in Catholic education by developing Christ-centred individuals enabled to transform society.
Our Governing Values
At the Halton Catholic District School Board we know that:
- our school community exists to foster and exemplify Catholic values;
- the education of our students is a necessary investment in society;
- education is a lifelong process that fosters the worth of the individual;
- education is a process involving a partnership of students, home, school, Church and community;
- the education of everyone toward their fullest potential creates a better future;
- an effective learning environment fosters in each student a sense of unique value, self-esteem and importance to society;
- dedicated teachers and staff ensure a positive and caring learning environment enabling students to reach their full potential;
- the ability to understand, manage and direct change is essential to success; and
- we are accountable to the community for the effective management of our resources.
Catholic schools have been educating students in mind, body and spirit in Ontario for nearly 170 years. Catholic education has been the foundation for millions of students to develop their full spiritual, academic, physical and social potential.
In this section you will find more information about our Board, including our Board of Trustees and a History of our Board and of Catholic education in Ontario.
This section also includes information regarding financial reports, tenders and purchasing, the Board Improvement Plan, our Senior Administration Team, Board Policies and Procedures, and our Long Term Capital Plan.
If you have a question, feedback or information you’d like us to add to this section, please send us your comments.