At the Halton Catholic District School Board, we value open communication and want to keep you up-to-date on what’s happening in our schools and across our district. In addition to our various subscription options, you can also stay connected through our social media accounts.
Our Facebook, Twitter and YouTube channels provide information on upcoming events, helpful resources, programs and services and many of the great things happening across the HCDSB. We invite you to join these conversations and stay connected with our Halton Catholic community!
To join the conversation, please 'follow' us on Twitter and ‘like’ us on Facebook. If you would like to add us to your own conversation, feel free to use #HCDSB or @HCDSB. We welcome your comments and suggestions!
Our Social Media Accounts:
Social Media Guidelines
The Board’s social media guidelines are applicable to all of the social media accounts listed above. Any other account, third-party page or Twitter handle, using a similar name or seemingly related to the Board, should not be confused with our official accounts. Although the Board is open to sharing relevant content created by other users on social media sites, we do not endorse third party users.
Hours of Availability
Our Board’s social media accounts are run and monitored by the Strategic Communications department, primarily during the hours of 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. from Monday to Friday. From time to time, content may be posted outside of these working hours. All messages and mentions directed towards the Board after regular business hours will be reviewed on the next school day.
The Board follows members of our Halton community, as well as related organizations and community partners. Although the Board may ‘like’ others on Facebook and 'follow' others on Twitter, this does not imply endorsement.
Retweeting and Sharing Content
We will retweet and share content from other accounts that may provide useful information. Although we cannot respond to all questions, related posts, and inquiries, we will retweet and respond to as much relevant content as we can.
Commenting and Posting Guidelines
We encourage you to participate and add value to all online conversations. This includes offering feedback, asking questions and inquiring about new programs and services. As much as we welcome your feedback and opinions, please be respectful and keep your comments/posts appropriate. If you are asking a specific question related to your own child or school, please direct message us or send a message to our inbox so that we can further assist you, while protecting your privacy and the privacy of others.
Rules of Conduct for Online Forums
From time to time, we may establish online forums to encourage parents, staff and members of our community to share their comments and ask questions on a particular matter.
Appropriate Language: Please avoid personal attacks, slurs, and profanity in your activities on the forum.
Confidentiality: Please do not post anything on the forum that you do not want the world to see. You should not post personally identifiable information (such as your child's name, address, telephone number, etc.), or other confidential information.
- Please treat all other participants in the forum with respect. Do not use the forum to threaten, harass, demean or insult other users. Remember that other participants are members of your community.
- Do not use the forum to spam others. Spam includes sending identical and irrelevant or unsolicited submissions to many different users, and includes misrepresenting the source of anything you post.
- Do not use the forum to link to external sites that violate these Rules of Conduct.
- Information posted may be collected for the sole purpose of informing the Halton Catholic District School Board and its staff on a particular decision or matter.
- Any personal information will not be shared in any public reports or documents.
Please be advised that our Board has the right to remove and/or report any of the following:
- Comments/posts that do not comply with our mission, vision, and values.
- Comments/posts that violate the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms.
- Comments/posts that are confidential in nature or offer personal and/or financial information.
- Comments/posts that are derogatory, abusive, demeaning, slanderous, hateful, discriminatory and/or racist or in any way insinuate cyber bullying.
- Spam, solicitations or advertisements.
- Any comments/posts that suggest illegal behaviour.
Please review the above information before participating in any online interactions. The Board will not be responsible for other users and their comments, so please be respectful and appropriate with the comments and information you offer in the public domain. If you have any questions related to our social media accounts or our social media guidelines, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.