The Catholic Parent Involvement Committee (CPIC) is a group of parents, trustees and Board staff who actively support parent engagement and involvement throughout the Halton Catholic District School Board. CPIC is regulated by Regulation 330/10 under the Education Act, which came into effect in September 2010, and sets out specific requirements regarding the composition of a Parent Involvement Committee, or Catholic Parent Involvement Committee.
CPIC provides a regular opportunity for School Council members to network, shareas, offer input and enjoy informative presentations on a number of education related topics throughout the school year. CPIC makes parental engagement a priority by providing support on a system-wide basis and promoting dialogue between Catholic School Councils, the Board and members of the community.
CPIC would like to sincerely thank all parents and members of our community for nominating yourself or another parent as a member of CPIC at the Halton Catholic District School Board.
Online nominations were accepted until May 2, 2016. Applications received by the deadline date will be presented at the Regional Council of School Council Chairs Meeting on May 18, 2016.
Please note that all interested candidates were required to attend the CPIC Orientation Session on Wednesday, April 27, 2016 at 7:00 p.m., (at the Catholic Education Centre, located at 802 Drury Lane, in Burlington). The purpose of this meeting was to provide candidates with an opportunity to learn about the roles and responsibilities of CPIC and to ask questions and enquire about the expectations of CPIC membership. The goal is to ensure that all potential members feel that they are able to make an informed decision regarding submitting a nomination.
The Catholic Parent Involvement Committee recognizes that there are goals inherent in the Board’s Mission Statement and Governing Values. In addition to these, our goals are:
- To increase parent involvement and responsibility in the Catholic education process.
- To promote and encourage communication among home, school, parish and community.
- To be informed on current educational issues and practices.
- To serve as a vital link between all of our partners and the Halton Catholic District School Board.
Parents can also find Halton CPIC on Facebook and on YouTube.
Below is a list of the CPIC members for the 2015 - 2016 school year. If you need to contact any of the CPIC members, they can be reached via email at: email@example.com.
- Josh Duijvestein, Burlington (CPIC Chair)
- Lyn Hartman, Oakville (CPIC Vice-Chair)
- Mike Avarello, Burlington
- Kimberly Bloomfield, Oakville
- Corrine Carley, Burlington - At Large
- Alex Gonzalez, Oakville - At Large
- Samuel Guevara, Burlington
- Josh Hunter, Burlington - At Large
- Renata Luisetto, North Halton
- Edwina MacDonald, North Halton - OAPCE Director
- Gaile Merritt-Murrell, Oakville
- Mark Ritcey, North Halton
- Rosemarie Stagg, Burlington - At Large
- Alice Anne LeMay, Oakville
- Helena Karabela, Oakville Trustee
- Arlene Iantomasi, (alternate) Burlington Trustee
- Tim Overholt, Superintendent of Education
- Kelly Williams, Vice-Principal
- Fr. Robert Hétu, St. Joseph Patron of Canada Parish, Acton