The Catholic Parent Involvement Committee (CPIC) is a group of parents, trustees and Board staff who actively support parent engagement and involvement throughout the Halton Catholic District School Board. CPIC is regulated by Regulation 330/10 under the Education Act, which came into effect in September 2010, and sets out specific requirements regarding the composition of a Parent Involvement Committee, or Catholic Parent Involvement Committee.
CPIC provides a regular opportunity for School Council members to network, shareas, offer input and enjoy informative presentations on a number of education related topics throughout the school year. CPIC makes parental engagement a priority by providing support on a system-wide basis and promoting dialogue between Catholic School Councils, the Board and members of the community.
The Catholic Parent Involvement Committee recognizes that there are goals inherent in the Board’s Mission Statement and Governing Values. In addition to these, our goals are:
- To increase parent involvement and responsibility in the Catholic education process.
- To promote and encourage communication among home, school, parish and community.
- To be informed on current educational issues and practices.
- To serve as a vital link between all of our partners and the Halton Catholic District School Board.
Parents can also find Halton CPIC on Facebook and on YouTube.
Below is a list of the CPIC members for the 2013 - 2014 school year. If you need to contact any of the CPIC members, they can be reached via email at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Josh Duijvestein, Burlington (CPIC Chair)
- Lyn Hartman, Oakville (CPIC Vice-Chair)
- Barbara Belanger, North Halton - At Large
- Kimberly Bloomfield, Oakville
- Corrine Carley, Burlington
- Alex Gonzalez, Oakville - At Large
- Anissa Hilborn, Burlington
- Josh Hunter, Burlington - At Large
- Renata Luisetto, North Halton
- Edwina MacDonald, North Halton
- Rosemarie Stagg, Burlington - At. Large
- Ed Viana, Oakville Trustee
- Alice Anne LeMay (alternate), Oakville Trustee
- Tim Overholt, Superintendent of Education
- Kelly Williams, Vice-Principal
- Fr. Robert Hétu, St. Joseph Patron of Canada Parish, Acton