Admission Process for International Students
The Halton Catholic District School Board welcomes International Students who wish to apply to attend one of our 9 secondary schools, 45 elementary schools and 3 continuing education adult learning facilities.
Applications for Secondary and Elementary students are being accepted and will be approved based on space availability at individual schools.
Applicants Must Provide:
- Completed Application for School Admission Form (Non-Resident Students)
- Education Documents (Copy of Report Card/Transcript)
- Application Fee in the amount of $250.00, made payable to the Halton Catholic District School Board (Certified Cheque or Money Order)
- Roman Catholic Baptismal Certificate (Elementary School Only)
Letter of Acceptance
Once the above documents are received from the applicant and approved, a Letter of Acceptance will be issued to the student. The Letter of Acceptance will assist the student in applying for a Student Authorization (Study Permit) from Citizenship & Immigration Canada or the Consulate or Immigration Office in the applicant's country of residence. The Student Authorization allows the student to study in Canada.
The application deadline for an International Student to begin their studies for the first semester in September is June 15th. The deadline for admission for the second semester beginning in February is November 15th.
Additional Documents Required
Once the student arrives in Canada, the following documents will be required before the student can begin classes:
- Valid Passport
- Valid Study Permit
- Guardianship Agreement (if student is under 18 years of age and will be living with a Guardian)
- Proof of Health Insurance
- Immunization Records
- Halton address where the student will be living
For more detailed information, please see the Halton Catholic District School Boards Policy and Procedures for Non-Resident of Canada Students, Administrative Procedure No. VI-17.