Welcome to St. Gabriel School. Our Catholic elementary school, J.K. to Grade 8, is located south of Upper Middle Rd, between Guelph Line and Brant St. in Burlington, Ontario. The school sits adjacent to St. Gabriel Parish and we are part of the Halton Catholic District School Board and are an associate school of Notre Dame Catholic Secondary School. Our school has two gyms, a stage, a library, a full computer lab, and a beautiful Peace Garden in the centre courtyard of the school.
Presently, as of September 2011, we have more than 490 students registered at our school. St. Gabriel is the designated Catholic elementary school in Burlington to offer French Immersion. As of September 2007, St. Gabriel students wear a mandatory school uniform.
We thrive in a cooperative partnership that involves the school, the pastoral team of St. Gabriel Parish and the home in the exalted mission of Catholic education. It is the faith-centered focus and immersion in our Catholic values that make us unique. We nurture spiritual discipleship and pursue academic excellence, emulating our Lord Jesus, the Master Teacher.
To the many new families in our community, we welcome you. We encourage you to become involved in the school as attentive parents, as parent volunteers and as active supporters of the St. Gabriel School community.
Student Success Programs
St. Gabriel Catholic School is committed to using up to date assessment and evaluation that promotes academic excellence and improvement in student achievement. We are grounded in the belief that all students will be able to demonstrate their learning in an environment that reflects the Catholic values of fairness, equity and respect for all.
- Halton Food for Thought provides St. Gabriel’s community with a Breakfast Program every morning at St. Gabriel's Parish Hall and provides St. Gabriel’s School a Snack Program two mornings a week (Tuesday/Thursday)
- St. Gabriel’s Guardians Leader ship Team
- P.R.O.P.S. (Peers Running Organized Play Stations)
- French Immersion (Grade 5-8)
- ECOschool with Gold Status
- Healthy School, Ministry Certification
- Inter-School Sports (i.e. Volleyball, Basketball, Soccer, Cross Country, Track & Field etc.)
- School Choir
- Prayer Leadership (Staff and Students)
- Battle of the Books (Junior/Intermediate)
- Green Squad (Eco Team)
- Chess Club
- Reading Rocks
- Skipping Club
- Homework Club
Before and After School Programs
- Y.M.C.A. (After School Program)
- Local community groups use the school in the evenings for activities and clubs.
We are committed to enabling all students to reach their potential, and to succeed. Our challenge is that every student is unique and each must have opportunities to achieve success according to his or her own interests, abilities, and goals. We have set high expectations and standards for our students, while introducing a range of options that allow students to learn in different ways. We are proud that our students regularly place among our board's best.
St. Gabriel has been awarded and is continuing to sustain its Gold Status in our province's Eco School Certification Program. Our Green Squad works daily to reduce waste, encourage recycling and find new ways to reduce our energy and water consumption.
Parent Community Involvement
St. Gabriel’s Catholic School Council is actively involved in the life of our school. Fundraising and Parent Outreach remain our most important focus.
St. Gabriel Parish
School Council Members
S. Marks (co-chair)
S. Scullion (co-chair)
K. Hutchings (Teaching Rep)
J. Zrinscak (Non-Teaching Rep. & Parish Rep)
Director of Education
Michael W Pautler
Total students - 491
Girls – 269
Boys - 222
The Halton Catholic District School Board is a model learning community, widely recognized as distinctively Catholic, providing exceptional education, while nurturing the call to love and to serve as a people of faith, living out God's plan.
The Halton Catholic District School Board, in partnership with home and Church, is dedicated to providing excellence in Catholic education by developing Christ-centred individuals enabled to transform society.
Our Governing Values
At the Halton Catholic District School Board we know that:
- our school community exists to foster and exemplify Catholic values;
- the education of our students is a necessary investment in society;
- education is a lifelong process that fosters the worth of the individual;
- education is a process involving a partnership of students, home, school, Church and community;
- the education of everyone toward their fullest potential creates a better future;
- an effective learning environment fosters in each student a sense of unique value, self-esteem and importance to society;
- dedicated teachers and staff ensure a positive and caring learning environment enabling students to reach their full potential;
- the ability to understand, manage and direct change is essential to success; and
- we are accountable to the community for the effective management of our resources.