St. Joseph Catholic School as a faith centred community strives to assist all students to develop their unique potential through social, environmental awareness and the pursuit of academic excellence.
Student Success Programs
At St. Joseph School we are committed to improving student learning - in mind, body and soul. St. Joseph School is committed to assessment and evaluation practices that are grounded in the belief that all students should be able to demonstrate their learning in an environment that reflects the Catholic values of fairness, equity and respect for all.
- Boys and Girls Running Groups
- Big Brothers and Big Sisters "after school" Homework Club and in-school mentoring program
- Student Parliament
- Green Team - Silver Eco School status
- Healthy School, Ministry Certification
- Food for Thought Healthy Snack Program
- Rosary Group
Before and After School Programs
At St. Joseph Catholic School our staff is equipped with the tools, knowledge, and resources required to integrate a balanced, faith-oriented education to our students. Our belief is that every child can succeed according to his or her potential and God given talents. We have a culture of high expectations while providing differentiated instruction to meet the needs of all learners. As well, we have a commitment to building the developmental assets of our youth so that they are nurtured spiritually, academically and physically within a caring and trusting learning environment.
At St. Joseph Catholic School we are all stewards of creation. We all work together, in partnership with our Eco Team, to reduce, reuse, recycle and rethink our daily practices of how we consume energy and dispose of waste. We are currently "Silver" status in our Eco School certification and we are developing a plan for a peace garden.
Parent Community Involvement
St. Joseph School works in partnership with home and parish to enrich the lives of our students. We are blessed to have a wonderful pastor, Fr. Bob Bulbrook who regularly administers the sacraments to our students. Our Catholic School Council is actively involved in the life of our school, facilitating "Welcome Back" barbecues, Christmas floats and healthy schools activities. We had our "first annual" parent retreat facilitated by one of our own parents, Mrs. Edwina MacDonald, and we look forward to that again this year.
St. Joseph (Acton) Elementary School
St. Joseph (Acton) Elementary School147 Mill Street West
Acton, Ontario, L7J 1G7
Phone: 519-853-3730 Fax:519-853-0307
School Website | Class Portal
Find My School
St. Joseph Parish (Acton)
School Council Members
Valerie Slater, Secretary
Non-Teaching Staff Representatives
Director of Education
The Halton Catholic District School Board is a model learning community, widely recognized as distinctively Catholic, providing exceptional education, while nurturing the call to love and to serve as a people of faith, living out God's plan.
The Halton Catholic District School Board, in partnership with home and Church, is dedicated to providing excellence in Catholic education by developing Christ-centred individuals enabled to transform society.
Our Governing Values
At the Halton Catholic District School Board we know that:
- our school community exists to foster and exemplify Catholic values;
- the education of our students is a necessary investment in society;
- education is a lifelong process that fosters the worth of the individual;
- education is a process involving a partnership of students, home, school, Church and community;
- the education of everyone toward their fullest potential creates a better future;
- an effective learning environment fosters in each student a sense of unique value, self-esteem and importance to society;
- dedicated teachers and staff ensure a positive and caring learning environment enabling students to reach their full potential;
- the ability to understand, manage and direct change is essential to success; and
- we are accountable to the community for the effective management of our resources.