On Tuesday, October 20, 2020, the Ministry of Education approved funding for the new North Oakville #4 Catholic Elementary School.
- Halton Catholic District School Board (HCDSB) is in need of a new elementary school to accommodate the projected student population growth in North Oakville.
- On September 30, 2019, the Board submitted its 2019-20 Capital Priorities Submission to the Ministry of Education.
- On October 20, 2020, the Board was informed of its Capital Priorities allocation for the new North Oakville #4 Catholic Elementary School.
There are additional steps in the planning and building approval process for the North Oakville #4 Catholic Elementary School before construction can proceed:
- An architect must be officially appointed, along with sub-consultants to complete the design of the project.
- Necessary permits and approvals must be obtained from the Town of Oakville and the Region of Halton.
- The Ministry of Education must approve the school design.
HCDSB is very appreciative of the Ministry’s recognition of the Board’s student accommodation pressures in North Oakville. The recent funding approval for a new elementary school will be a great addition to the growing community!
To read more about this exciting announcement, please read the news release issued from MPP Effie Triantafilopoulos’ office.
For more information about the North Oakville #4 Catholic Elementary School, please visit the HCDSB School Planning website.
“Students in our community deserve to learn in modern, state-of-the-art schools where they can learn the skills they need from their teachers to achieve lifelong success. The Ontario Government’s investment of $14.5 million for a new Catholic elementary school in North Oakville will help meet the needs of students, staff and teachers. It’s great news for our community. I was proud to work with the Halton Catholic District School Board as they advocated for this new school and I am pleased that our government has delivered.”– Effie Triantafilopoulos, Oakville North-Burlington MPP
“As a leader board in Ontario, Halton Catholic District School Board has experienced unique growth pressures, being situated in the one of the fastest growing geographical areas of the country, thereby desperately needing additional pupil places in Oakville. On behalf of our Board of Trustees, and especially our Oakville trustees, Peter DeRosa, Nancy Guzzo, and Helena Karabela who strongly advocated for a new school, I wish to extend our appreciation for the diligent work of the Ford government, Minister of Education Stephen Lecce and most specifically MPP Effie Triantafilopoulos who heard our pleas and answered the call. Her swift actions have helped to bring relief to the families in Oakville for the educational benefit of their children.
It is with much gratitude that we thank all concerned for focusing on our students’ wellbeing in our gift of a publicly funded Catholic education.”– Vincent Iantomasi, Chair of the Halton Catholic District School Board