Students and staff from the Halton Catholic District School Board (HCDSB) will be celebrating International Day of People with Disabilities on Thursday, December 3rd and throughout the week (November 30 – December 4, 2020).
HCDSB schools will be participating in a variety of learning activities next week to raise awareness, and support the rights and significant contributions of persons with disabilities. The theme for the week will be showcased on our social media channels using the hashtag: #HCDSBDiverseAbility.
Spreading the Word Through #HCDSBDiverseAbility
Here are some of the themes and topics that will be recognized next week:
- Viewing disabilities (both visible and invisible) through a different lens
- Promoting meaningful acceptance and inclusion in our schools (i.e., building friendships and fostering independence)
- Celebrating intellectual disabilities
- Mental health related to disabilities
- Removing systemic barriers
HCDSB Ability Allies
HCDSB staff are celebrating disabilities, and sharing how they promote acceptance and inclusion in our schools and across our Board. Click here to see videos from our HCDSB Ability Allies.