On February 3rd, the Minister of Education announced that in-person learning will resume in schools that fall within 13 additional public health units, including Halton Region.
This means that all HCDSB elementary and secondary schools will reopen for in-person learning on Monday, February 8, 2021.
What does this mean for elementary students?
- All HCDSB Catholic elementary schools will reopen for in-person learning on Monday, February 8th.
- Students will return to the learning format that was in place prior to the Christmas break. This means, that if your child was attending their home school and learning in-person, they will return to that format. If your child was enrolled in the Virtual Elementary School before Christmas, they will remain in the Virtual School.
Before and After School Program
- All Before and After School Programs will reopen on Monday, February 8th.
- Child care centres will remain open.
What does this mean for secondary students?
- All HCDSB Catholic secondary schools will reopen for in-person learning on Monday, February 8th, following the same hybrid learning model that has been in place throughout the school year.
- Students will remain in the same cohort (A, B, or C) and follow their cohort schedule.
- Quadmester 3 will begin on Monday, February 8th, with Cohort A at school on Monday, while students in Cohort B and C will be learning online from home.