Wednesday, March 24, 2021, is School Crossing Guard Appreciation Day!
On School Crossing Guard Appreciation Day, let’s show our gratitude for the people that ensure active and safe travel for students and families to and from our schools.
Here are some ways we can show our appreciation year-round:
- Guard signals you to stop; all cyclists and drivers must stop
- Understand and follow the posted speed limits, especially in school zones
- Always check before turning at intersections
- Remain stopped until all pedestrians and guard have cleared the crossing. This is the Law.
- Do not drop children off in NO Stopping and NO parking zones
Be sure to thank your School Crossing Guard this Wednesday, March 24th for all they do to keep our community safe!