As part of our ongoing efforts to create and maintain safe, inclusive and accepting schools, the Halton Catholic District School Board (HCDSB) undertakes a School Climate Survey to gather input from parents, students and staff in each of our HCDSB schools.
The survey is required by the Ministry of Education as part of the Safe Schools initiative, and provides feedback to each school about the extent to which parents, students and staff feel their school supports learning and positive behaviour, and promotes a safe and inclusive environment.
About the Survey
The School Climate Survey asks students, parents and school staff for their opinion on key areas that research has shown to be important in understanding school climate, and that have an impact on student outcomes – with a focus on safety, inclusion, and relationships.
The survey measures include but are not limited to:
- Social/Emotional Outcomes (e.g. social engagement, emotional health);
- Physical Health Outcomes (e.g. risky behaviours);
- Drivers of Student Outcomes (e.g. school context, classroom context).
Some important notes about the survey:
- The survey is completely voluntary.
- You may skip any questions you do not wish to answer.
- The survey is anonymous and confidential. Names will not be collected, and your responses will be securely stored by HCDSB Research and Development Services staff.
- Results of this survey will be reported at the school-level and individual respondents will not be identified.
Complete the Survey!
Starting the week of May 10, 2021, students in Grades 4-12 will have the opportunity to complete the School Climate Survey during the school day. Parents and school staff have been sent a link to the survey directly through email.
We value your input and greatly appreciate your participation in the School Climate Survey!