At the Special Board Meeting held on June 24, 2021, the Halton Catholic District School Board (HCDSB) approved the 2021-2022 Budget Estimates in the amount of $446,001,593.
The Board’s 2021-2022 Budget Estimates outline an operating deficit of $2,003,585 and a total in-year deficit available for compliance of $2,223,241. Revenue has been estimated at $452.5 million, and expenses have been estimated at $446.0 million.
The Board estimates an Average Daily Enrolment (ADE) of 23,395 elementary students and 13,260 secondary students for the 2021-2022 school year, representing an overall increase in student enrolment of .8%.
The 2021-2022 Budget Estimates include an increase to staffing to accommodate growth (see page 3, Table 2). A total of 15 staff positions will be added for the 2021-2022 school year, including 2 new elementary teachers, 1 new secondary teacher, and 11 new school support staff. The Budget Estimates also include a number of program enhancements (see page 3, Table 3).
The final Budget Estimates will be submitted to the Ministry of Education by June 30, 2021.
- School boards operate on a fiscal year that runs from September 1st to August 31st.
- Each year, the Ministry of Education provides funds to school boards through a series of grants. Visit the Ministry of Education’s website for more information on education funding.
- HCDSB operates 45 elementary schools, 9 secondary schools, and 3 continuing education facilities, currently serving over 36,000 students.
- The majority of the Board’s funding allocation is based on student enrolment.
- Elementary and secondary enrolments are based on Full-Time Equivalent (FTE) enrolments for October 31st and March 31st.
- Elementary and secondary FTE enrolment values are averaged to give the annualized Average Daily Enrolment (ADE).
Visit our website to learn more about the 2021-2022 Budget Consultation Process.