The Halton Catholic District School Board (HCDSB) is thrilled to congratulate Jacqueline Davis, the Lead Elementary Social Worker at HCDSB for receiving the 2021 School Social Work Achievement Award!
The award was presented by the Ontario Association of Social Workers (OASW), recognizing Jacqueline for her outstanding commitment to the students, families and school communities she serves.
Since its inception in 1995, the award has been presented each year to a School Social Worker who has demonstrated exemplary work in their field. The award recipient is determined based on information gathered through nominations and is evaluated by OASW’s School Social Work Advisory Group.
This year, the award criteria included selecting a recipient that demonstrated a commitment to:
- Community advocacy and engagement;
- Enhancing equity-focused learning, knowledge, and practice at a school, community, or system level;
- Grounding practice in decolonizing and anti-racist approaches;
- Promoting systemic change;
- Promoting equitable and just learning environments for students and the entire school community.
Jacqueline accepted her award and shared remarks with attendees at the virtual School Social Work Symposium on November 16, 2021.
Congratulations to Jacqueline Davis for her accomplishments and unwavering commitment to the students and families at HCDSB!
For more information, please visit the OASW website.