The Halton Catholic District School Board is now accepting applications for Occasional Teachers to start immediately.
Under the direction of the Principal/Vice-Principal, Occasional Teachers support students within the classroom, provide supervision and must be able to respond appropriately when issues arise. Teachers will be responsible for delivering interactive lessons, and provide support virtually as required.
Occasional teachers must possess an understanding of and a willingness to support and model the mission of a Catholic School system and are required to be practicing Catholics.
These positions range from full-time/part-time/temporary and the hours/days of work are based on the needs of the Board (as school start/end times vary).
If you are interested in teaching opportunities within our Board, please apply online through Apply To Education.
We encourage you to visit the “Teaching Application Process” section on the Careers page of our website for further information regarding additional documentation required:
Your complete application package will include:
- Application form (on Apply to Education)
- Cover letter addressed to Colleen Oldman, Superintendent, Human Resources Services
- Current Résumé
- Pastoral Letter of Reference from your Catholic Priest, dated within twelve (12) months
- HCDSB Faith Reference Portfolio
- Practice Teaching Reports
- Bachelor of Education transcripts
- Two letters of professional reference, dated within twelve (12) months
- Certificate of Qualification or Interim Certificate of Qualification from the Ontario College of Teachers (where possible)
- Undergrad transcripts
- Recent teacher performance appraisal (experienced teacher applicants only)
- QECO Statements of Evaluation – Program 5 (experienced teacher applicants only)
- NOTE: An original Criminal Reference Check including Vulnerable Sector Screening, dated within six months is required upon hire.
We thank you for your interest; however, only those candidates selected to participate in our interview process will be contacted.
Interviews will be conducted on an ongoing basis and as such, it is necessary for applicants to ensure that applications and documentation are kept up to date.