There is a full time, thirty-five hour (35 hours) per week position available with duties to commence immediately.
LOCATION: Special Education Services, CEC
EFFECTIVE DATE: Immediately
SALARY: As per the Collective Agreement ($57,315.00 – $88,309.00)
There is an annual Psych Allowance
($1783.99) granted with the appropriate education.
Under the supervision of the Chief of Psychological Services, the Psycho-Educational Consultant provides a comprehensive consultation service to Board Staff, students and parents, as well as professionals outside the Board. The Psycho-Educational Consultant conducts individual psycho-educational assessments of students whom are experiencing difficulty functioning within the school setting. The Psycho-Educational Consultant investigates possible learning and/or social-emotional disorders and formulates/generates suggestions for intervention strategies for pupils with special needs and must be available for after-hours consultation.
The incumbent shall perform duties of a Psycho-Educational Consultant as regulated by the College of Psychologists of Ontario and operates under the Standards of Professional Conduct as outlined in the Regulated Health Professions Act and the Psychology Act.
- Masters or Ph.D. degree in Psychology
- Certificate of Registration through the College of Psychologist of Ontario. Must be a member in good standing with the College of Psychologists of Ontario. Non licensed
Candidates would work under the clinical supervision of a registered member of the College of Psychologists of Ontario.
- Minimum of two (2) years recent work experience (or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience).
- Excellent writing skills, with experience writing and editing psychological assessment reports.
- Excellent interpretive skill and analysis; computer literacy.
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal communication skills.
This position is covered by the A.P.S.S.P Collective Agreement.
To be considered for this position, please submit an updated resume, detailing your experience and qualifications, to the following email address: Apsspemployment@hcdsb.org no later than Wednesday, January 19th, 2021. Please note that resumes sent to any other e-mail address or received by fax or mail, will not be considered.
Please quote the competition number “APSSP–2022–4E” in the subject line of your email.
Human Resources Services
Date of Release: Wednesday, January 12th, 2022