The Board is currently accepting Summer Student applications for Summer School Administrative Assistants (3 positions available).
START DATE: Monday, June 6, 2022
END DATE: Friday, July 29, 2022
HOURLY RATE: $15.00
HOURS/LOCATIONS: Please note varying hours of work and assignment allocations below.
There is a ½ hour of unpaid lunch time included in the hours noted below
|Start Date||Locations||Hours of Work|
|June 6 – June 30||Thomas Merton Centre, Oakville||8:30 am – 3:30 pm|
July 4 – July 29
Location is to be determined based on the delivery format of Summer School, i.e., in-person learning versus remote.
Each Summer School Administrative Assistant will be assigned to support one of the Summer School locations.
7:45 am – 1:45 pm
Assist Summer School Principal, Vice Principal, and/or Program Manager with compiling student registrations, data entry of registration information into “PowerSchool”, update information (adds/drops throughout the session), and assisting with any other related duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE:
- Preference will be given to Students pursuing a Post-Secondary education
- Prior Office/Administrative experience is preferred
- Must be willing to commit to the position for the duration of assignment
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office/strong computer skills
- Must be willing and able to travel to changing locations (i.e. Thomas Merton Centre, Oakville/Milton to assigned School and return to Thomas Merton Centre)
HOW TO APPLY:
Applicants must submit the following documents;
- Résumé and covering letter
- A Criminal Reference Check including the Vulnerable Sector Screening dated within six months (for applicants over the age of eighteen)
Please email your application to Summeremployment@hcdsb.org by no later than February 14, 2022, and reference competition# “ADMIN-2022-3 in your email subject line.
Competition #: ADMIN-2021-3
Date of Release: Friday, January 14, 2022