There is a full-time, forty (40) hour per week, Level VIII position available effective immediately.
LOCATION: Information Services, Catholic Education Centre
EFFECTIVE DATE: Immediately
SALARY: Level VIII (as per the Collective Agreement – $29.56 per hour)
The Computer Technician is an experienced professional who is able to work as part of a multidisciplinary team of technologists, educators and support staff. The ideal candidate has strong experience in technical customer support and is comfortable engaging staff in social media strategies and mobile applications. This position provides technical support for various hardware and software throughout the system including Microsoft Windows, Mac OS, iPad’s and Tablet operating systems. The Computer Technician provides training and consults Board staff on related application software and Internet based communication tools such as Google Apps for Education and Office 365. In addition, the Computer Technician conducts research to support requests from end-users and provided alternative solutions when required. Duties also include troubleshooting computer, software and network related problems at various locations to ensure a high-degree of user satisfaction.
QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE:
- Qualified applicants will have graduated from a Community College in a Computer Technology program or possess equivalent computer related experience complemented with professional workshops and courses. Two (2) years of acceptable experience is preferred.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft, Mac, and Tablet computers and related communications technologies.
- Previous experience implementing and maintaining distributed computer applications in a network environment including telephony is preferred.
- Extensive knowledge of 21st century technology tools, document collaboration, cloud-based services, social media and other collaborative communication tools.
- n verbal communication skills with a significant focus on customer service and satisfaction.
This position is covered by C.U.P.E. Local 3166 Collective Agreement.
Those interested in applying must submit a résumé detailing qualifications and experience, to the following e-mail address: Cupe3166@hcdsb.org no later than Friday, September 17th, 2021.
Please note that resumes sent to any other e-mail address or received by fax or mail, will not be considered.
Please quote the competition number “NT–2021-69E” in the subject line of your e-mail.
Human Resources Services
Competition #: NT–2021–69E
Date of Release: Friday, September 10th, 2021