This is a full time, thirty-two and one half hours (32.5) per week Level V position with duties effective May 10th, 2021. Hours are subject to change based on student enrolment.
LOCATION: St. Francis Elementary
EFFECTIVE DATE: May 10th, 2021
SALARY: As per the Collective Agreement
The Library Technician assists in developing, organizing, and maintaining a collection of library material by using a specialized knowledge of library systems and methods. The Library Technician will also work with and maintain manual and computerized systems, resources and equipment required to ensure an effective Library operation for the use of students and adults.
QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE:
- Community College Library Technician/Technique Diploma.
- The ability to develop, organize and maintain a collection of library materials by using a specialized knowledge of library systems and methods.
- Library/Resource Centre experience preferred.
- Competency in computer skills as they relate to the Library; familiarity in using a computer cataloguing program.
- Excellent reading, writing, organizational, communication and interpersonal skills.
To be considered for this position, please submit an updated resume, detailing your experience and qualifications to the following e-mail address: CUPE3166@hcdsb.org no later than Monday, May 10th,
2021. Please note that resumes sent to any other e-mail address or by fax or mail will not be considered.
Please quote the competition number “NT–2021-20E” in the subject line of your email
Human Resources Services
Competition #: NT–2021-20E
Date of Release: Monday, May 3rd, 2021