We have a number of positions available, full time and temporary, with duties effective immediately. Hours are subject to change based on student enrolment.
LOCATION: Various Locations within Halton Region
EFFECTIVE DATE: Immediately
SALARY: As per the Collective Agreement ($23.48)
The Library Technician assists in developing, organizing, and maintaining a collection of library material by using a specialized knowledge of library systems and methods. The Library Technician will also work with and maintain manual and computerized systems, resources and equipment required to ensure an effective Library operation for the use of students and adults.
QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE:
- Community College Library Technician/Technique Diploma OR proof of ongoing participation in the course.
- The ability to develop, organize and maintain a collection of library materials by using a specialized knowledge of library systems and methods.
- Library/Resource Centre experience preferred.
- Competency in computer skills as they relate to the Library; familiarity in using a computer cataloguing program.
- Excellent reading, writing, organizational, communication and interpersonal skills.
This position is covered by C.U.P.E. Local 3166 Collective Agreement.
Those interested in applying must submit their intentions in writing, to the following email address: Cupe3166@hcdsb.org no later than Friday, September 17th, 2021. Please note that resumes sent to any other
e-mail address or by fax or mail will not be considered.
Human Resources Services
Competition #: NT–2021-81
Date of Release: Friday, September 10th, 2021