(All Divisions – Primary/Junior/Intermediate/Senior)
Elementary and Secondary Catholic Schools within Burlington, Oakville, Milton, Acton and Georgetown; Virtual School
Under the direction of the Principal/Vice-Principal, occasional teachers support students within the classroom, provide supervision and must be able to respond appropriately when issues arise. The incumbent will be responsible for delivering interactive lessons, and provide support virtually as required.
Occasional teachers must possess an understanding of and a willingness to support and model the mission of a Catholic School system. Occasional teachers are required to be practicing Catholics.
These are full-time/part-time temporary positions effective immediately. Hours/days of work are based on the needs of the Board. School start/end times vary.
The rate of pay is $238.29 per day (in accordance with the Collective Agreement between the Board and OECTA Occasional Teachers).
• Bachelor of Education; OCT certified and in good standing with the Ontario College of Teachers.
• Certificate of Qualification.
• Current Practicing Catholic.
• Ability to ensure the safety and security of students.
• Ability to communicate effectively with staff and students.
• Willingness to work with students with differing needs and capabilities.
• Maintain strict confidentiality and privacy of student information.
• Ability to work with students with different cultural and language backgrounds.
• Ability to work as a team player, follow instructions and use initiative.
• Excellent computer skills, communication skills and organizational skills.
• Experience working/volunteering with children and adolescents.
• Demonstrated commitment to working in a diverse school community and/or work environment.
• An updated résumé and cover letter.
• A minimum of two professional letters of reference.
• A current positive Pastoral Letter of Reference (dated within the last year).
• A current original Criminal Record Check including a Vulnerable Sector Screening (dated within six months).
Qualified candidates are to apply to the Board via the Apply to Education website @ www.applytoeducation.com
In accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, personal information is being collected under the authority of the Education Act and will be used for the employee recruitment and selection process. The Board does have policies for accommodating employees with disabilities. If you require further information regarding this policy, please contact the Board Office.