There is one, full-time, forty (40) hour per week position available effective immediately.
LOCATION: Facility Management Services, Catholic Education Centre
EFFECTIVE DATE: Immediately
SALARY: As per the Collective Agreement ($28.68 per hour)
To apply the skills of a certified trade and knowledge of another to maintain school buildings and equipment in a functionally safe condition. Responsibilities of the position include:
- General repairs, carpentry work and maintenance projects.
- Installation of interior and exterior sheathing, trim and insulation, fitting or refitting of windows, doors and building hardware.
- Repairs or replacement of siding, roofing and flooring as required.
- Installation of ceilings, metal and glass office partitions and other structural components.
- Construct and repair cabinets, shelves, book cases, plastic laminates, counter tops, bulletin boards, chalkboards, etc., following work orders authorized by the Manager, Facilities Management Services.
- Maintain machines and tools, including cleaning, sharpening, oiling and small repairs.
- Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE:
- Certificate of qualification of Red Seal Trade.
- Experience in making major/minor installations and repairs
- General knowledge of two (2) other trades would be an asset
- Sound mathematical, analytical and problem solving skills are necessary
- The preferred candidate will also be familiar with technical and safety standards
- A valid driver’s license is mandatory
- Competency with Excel and Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) is preferred.
- Must have own tools of trade.
This position is covered by C.U.P.E. Local 2888 Collective Agreement.
To be considered for this position, please submit an updated resume, detailing your experience and qualifications, to the following email address: Cupe3166.firstname.lastname@example.org, no later than Thursday, September 16th, 2021.
Please note that resumes sent to any other e-mail address or received by fax or mail, will not be considered.
Please quote the competition number “CT–2021-22E” in the subject line of your e-mail.
Human Resources Services
Competition #: CT–2021-22E
Date of Release: Thursday, September 9th, 2021