Supply DECE 1
With a focus on Achieving, Believing and Belonging, the Halton Catholic District School Board is a model learning community, widely recognized as distinctively Catholic, providing exceptional education. As a provincial leader in student achievement in literacy and numeracy, as well as Special Education, the Board is an exciting and dynamic place to learn, work and grow. Designated Early Childhood Educators provide coverage to school sites in Kindergarten. Located in Halton Region, our Board has Elementary schools in Oakville, Burlington, Milton, Georgetown and Action.
Reporting to the School Principal, in conjunction with the Manager, DECE, the Designated Early Childhood Educator will be responsible in accordance with the Education Act, The Kindergarten Program Document 2016 and Growing Success – The Kindergarten Addendum, to work collaboratively and in partnership with the classroom teacher to implement a play based program based on the Four Frames. The program will enhance the children’s cognitive, language, physical, social, emotional and spiritual development.
- Two year community college Early Childhood Education Diploma.
- Member in good standing with the Ontario College of Early Childhood Educators.
- Valid certificate in First Aid and CPR.
- Knowledge of the Kindergarten Program Document, 2016.
- Experience in planning, documenting and implement a play/inquiry based program.
- Ability to communicate in a sensitive, courteous manner with children, parents, staff and the community.
- Proven ability to deal with classroom management, stressful and emergency situations in a calm professional manner, while taking appropriate actions based on Board policies and procedures.
- Strong computer, organizational and time management skills.
- Must be able to physically lift up to 50 pounds and provide assistance and/or supervision as it relates to toileting.
Those interested in applying must submit a résumé detailing qualifications and experience along with a current Catholic Pastoral reference.
The rate of pay is $21.64 per hour as per the Collective Agreement between the Board and CUPE Local 5200.01.
Posting Start Date
Monday, August 17, 2020
Posting End Date
Friday, May 14th, 2021
Recruitment Officer, Support Staff, Human Resources Services
Halton Catholic District School Board
802 Drury Lane
Burlington, OntarioL7R 4L3
Questions about this posting can be submitted via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Halton Catholic District School Board will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment process to applicants with disabilities. If you are selected to participate in our recruitment process, please inform our Human Resources Staff of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require. Information received relating to accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.