Supply EA 1E
With a focus on Achieving, Believing, and Belonging, the Halton Catholic District School Board is a model learning community, widely recognized as distinctively Catholic, providing exceptional education. As a provincial leader in student achievement in literacy and numeracy, as well as Special Education, the Board is an exciting and dynamic place to learn, work and grow. As a Supply Educational Assistant, you must have the desire and physical ability to work with elementary and secondary students with special needs within the classroom. Supply Educational Assistants support students with diverse needs such as Down Syndrome, Autism, behavioural concerns, and students requiring Total Care (toileting, feeding, lifting and diapering). A ‘supply’ position does not guarantee hours or days of work as it is strictly ‘on call.’ A ‘full’ day is based on six hours and fifty-five minutes while a ‘half’ day is based on three hours and twenty-seven minutes.
As a collaborative team member, the Educational Assistant assists the teacher in the delivery of daily programs and care of students with special needs. The Educational Assistant assists in carrying out all Board-approved programs including (but not limited to) occupational therapy, physiotherapy, academic and behavioural programs.
- Community College Educational Assistant certificate or the equivalent specialty training as determined by the Executive Officer, Human Resources Services.
- As a condition of employment, the Board requires that the Educational Assistant have and maintain a valid and current certification in Safe Management Training as provided by a Board-recognized training institute.
- A minimum of one (1) year demonstrated successful experience supporting individuals with special needs is preferred.
- Excellent reading, writing, organizational, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proven ability to work as a team member; high degree of sensitivity and diplomacy; ability to adapt to changing situations; ability to cope with stressful situations.
Qualified candidates must submit a résumé detailing qualifications and experience along with a minimum of two (2) professional references.
$23.13 per hour (As per the Collective Agreement)
Posting Start Date
Monday, August 17, 2020
Posting End Date
Friday, July 16th, 2021
Recruitment Officer, Support Staff, Human Resources Services
Halton Catholic District School Board
802 Drury Lane
Burlington, OntarioL7R 4L3
Questions about this posting can be submitted via email to: Cupe5200ea@hcdsb.org
The Halton Catholic District School Board will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment process to applicants with disabilities. If you are selected to participate in our recruitment process, please inform our Human Resources Staff of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require. Information received relating to accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.