ADMIN – 2020 – 14E
With a focus on Achieving, Believing and Belonging, the Halton Catholic District School Board is a model learning community, widely recognized as distinctively Catholic, providing exceptional education. As a provincial leader in student achievement in literacy and numeracy, as well as Special Education, the Board is an exciting and dynamic place to learn, work and grow. Supply Emergency Kindergarten Program Assistants will provide coverage to school sites in Kindergarten. Located in Halton Region, our Board has Elementary schools in Oakville, Burlington, Milton, Georgetown and Acton.
Reporting to the School Principal, in conjunction with the Manager, DECE, the Supply Emergency Kindergarten Program Assistants will be responsible to work collaboratively and in partnership with the classroom teacher to implement a play-based program. The program will enhance the children’s cognitive, language, physical, social, emotional and spiritual development.
- Post-secondary education – either a college diploma or university degree preferably in a related field dealing with children
- Experience working with children in a childcare setting, daycare, before and after school program, recreation program or camp would be an asset
- Valid certificate in First Aid and CPR would be an asset
- Experience in planning, documenting and implementing a play/inquiry-based program would be an asset
- Ability to communicate in a sensitive, courteous manner with children, parents, staff and the community
- Ability to deal with stressful and emergency situations in a calm and professional manner, while taking appropriate actions based on Board policies and procedures
- Strong computer, organizational and time management skills
- Must be able to physically lift up to 50 pounds and provide assistance and/or supervision as it relates to toileting
To be considered for this position, please submit an updated resume, detailing your experience and qualifications along with a current Catholic Pastoral letter of reference, to the following email address: email@example.com. Please quote the competition number “ADMIN – 2020 – 14E” in the subject line of your email.
The rate of pay is $19.98 per hour.
Posting Start Date
Wednesday, December 02, 2020
Posting End Date
Friday, February 26, 2021
Recruitment Officer, Support Staff, Human Resources Services
Halton Catholic District School Board
802 Drury Lane
Burlington, OntarioL7R 4L3
Questions about this posting can be submitted via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Halton Catholic District School Board will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment process to applicants with disabilities. If you are selected to participate in our recruitment process, please inform our Human Resources Staff of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require. Information received relating to accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.