This is a temporary, thirty-seven and one half (37 ½) hour per week position with duties effective immediately, ending no later than July 2022.
Catholic Education Centre, Burlington
Salary Band 4 ($71,173 to $80,089 per annum)
Date of Release
Friday, July 30th, 2021
Reporting to both the Business Services and Facility Management Services Departments, this position is responsible for reporting and reconciling financial services for both school operations and capital projects. The incumbent will liaise between the aforementioned departments to ensure that efficient processes are implemented to enable excellent services to Board stakeholders while also ensuring that the programs are consistent with the Ministry of Education requirements and professional standards. The Capital Analyst is responsible for maintaining the operating procedures manual for FMS practices, providing guidance, and delivering training to FMS personnel regarding board policies, procedures and practices pertaining to fiscal matters. The Capital Analyst may complete special assignments using knowledge of accounting concepts under the Public Sector Accounting Board (PSAB), review and analyze data, and provide reports as required by the Board.
Qualifications / Experience
- Post-secondary Degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business Administration. A recognized accounting designation
(CPA) or enrolled in the CPA’s Professional Education Program (PEP).
- Two (2) years of progressive experience in accounting and financial reporting. Experience working within the public sector and/or in a School Board is preferred.
- Strong knowledge of accounting principles including in a not-for-profit environment. Project and operations management experience would be an asset.
- Proficient analytical, organizational, interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient computer skills with advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office suite of products, particularly Excel.
- Knowledge of current Ministry and Board financial regulations, related policies and legislation would be an asset.
- The ability to work with minimal supervision and execute relatively broad assignments is required.
- Internal audit experience is preferred.
How to Apply
Those interested in applying must submit a resumé detailing qualifications and experience, to the following e-mail address firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Friday, August 6th, 2021.
Please note that resumes sent to any other e-mail address or by fax or mail will not be considered.
Please quote the competition number “ADMIN-2021-16E” in the subject line of your e-mail.
Christine Milanczak, Recruitment Officer
Human Resources Services
Halton Catholic District School Board