This is a temporary, thirty-five (35) hours per week, Level V position to commence immediately, with end date to be determined, but no later than June 30th, 2022.
SCHOOL: Business Services, Catholic Education Center
EFFECTIVE DATE: Immediately
SALARY: As per the Collective Agreement (Level V – $23.48 – $26.29)
Under the direction of the Supervisor, Accounting Services, the Senior Accounting Clerk works independently to perform all duties related to accounts payable and accounts receivable processing and other related accounting functions. This involves data entry into Dynamics NAV 2016, processing scheduled cheque runs and assisting the Supervisor, Accounting Services and co-workers when needed. In addition, the Senior Accounting Clerk is responsible for the recording of Capital invoices for new school projects, U.S. Dollar invoices, Miscellaneous Receivable System (MRS) invoices and other confidential information. This role requires the ability to work independently and in a team environment.
QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE:
- An Accounting Diploma from a post-secondary institution is required
- One to two years general accounting experience processing documents in an accounts payable and accounts receivable environment
- Experience working within the public sector and/or in a School Board is preferred
- Good organizational, interpersonal and communication skills
- Good computer skills (ie. MS Office Suite of products and other financial accounting software packages)
- Proven ability to meet time sensitive deadlines and attention to detail
- Ability to deal with confidential information
- Good mathematical skills.
This position is covered by C.U.P.E. Local 3166 Collective Agreement.
Those interested in applying must submit a résumé detailing qualifications and experience, to the following e-mail address: Cupe3166@hcdsb.org no later than Friday, September 24th, 2021. Please note that resumes sent to
any other e-mail address or received by fax or mail, will not be considered.
Please quote the competition number “NT–2021–80E” in the subject line of your e-mail.
Human Resources Service
Competition #: NT–2021–80E
Date of Release: Friday, September 24th, 2021
Achieving Believing Belonging www. hcdsb. Org