There is a temporary, part-time, seventeen and one half hour (17.5 hours) per week position available with duties to commence September 1st, ending no later than June 2022.
LOCATION: Special Education Services, CEC
EFFECTIVE DATE: September 1st, 2021
SALARY: In accordance with the terms of the Collective Agreement between the Board and
the A.P.S.S.P. ($57,315 – $88,309)
The Speech and Language Pathologist works as a member of a multi-disciplinary team involving Teachers, Principals, Special Education Resource Teachers, parents and other professionals as required in assessing, interpreting and programming for students’ strengths and needs. Under the direct supervision of the Chief, Speech and Language Pathologist and in collaboration with the Special Education Consultant, the Speech and Language Pathologist makes recommendations for strategies, goals and group or individual programming for pupils. The Speech and Language Pathologist is required to provide direction to the Communicative Disorders Assistant.
QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE:
- Masters degree in Speech and Language Pathology.
- Current license in Speech and Language Pathology.
- Successful related experience in this field is an asset.
- Professional thinking to problem-solve.
- Demonstrated interpretive and analytical skills coupled with excellent communication skills and interpersonal skills are required.
- This position is covered by the A.P.S.S.P Collective Agreement.
To be considered for this position, please submit an updated resume, detailing your experience and qualifications, to the following email address: Apsspemployment@hcdsb.org, no later than Monday, August 30th, 2021. Please note that resumes sent to any other e-mail address or received by fax or mail, will not be considered.
Please quote the competition number “APSSP–2021–31E” in the subject line of your email.