Are you a graduate of an HCDSB Pathways program? Do you want to share your professional success story in the Pathways skilled trades? If so, we want to hear from you!
HCDSB is calling out for alumni entries to share your experience and explain how choosing a Pathway program can lead to success in the workplace.
Submit a Video!
Graduates of the Halton Catholic District School Board (HCDSB) are invited to share their personal Pathways experience in a brief video clip; 30 to 60 seconds in duration.
Video messages should be inspiring, powerful, concise, and clearly communicate how your Pathways journey has positively influenced you.
- Introduce yourself and the name of the HCDSB school that you graduated from.
- State the Pathways program you chose and current occupation (if applicable to your chosen Pathway).
Here are some discussion points to help you craft your story:
- “I went into high school thinking I would become…”
- “When I was younger, I always dreamed of becoming…”
- “I encountered changes in my pathway through…”
- Conclude your video by giving advice to your younger self. For example, “What I wish I could have told myself in high school is…”
To submit a video entry:
- Record your video on any device that will save as an MP4, MOV, AVI, WMV format, and upload your video online.
- Upload a video (you can use a file sharing program such as: Google Drive, Dropbox, or OneDrive, and share the file by sending it to: Sharon Deery, Pathways Itinerant at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
In the event that your video meets our selection criteria and has been successfully received, you may be featured on the Board’s website and social media channels! While we appreciate all submissions that we receive, only selected videos will be featured.
- Record yourself in a quiet location to ensure that the audio is easy to hear.
- Record in a well-lit area to ensure that your face is visible.
- Keep your video message short and concise – try your best to record it under 1 minute!
View the latest video testimonials on our YouTube channel.
By submitting a video, all entrants warrant that they have full right to their work and that their entries do not violate copyright laws. Further, each entrant agrees to indemnify and hold harmless the Halton Catholic District School Board from any claim or action arising out of any breach of copyright caused by such video entry.
Check out our website and connect with us on social!
For more information, exciting updates and events throughout the school year, visit our website and social media channels: