Session Begins: January 25, 2021
Course Ends: April 30, 2021
|NOTE: Registration for Religious Education in Catholic Schools: Part I for the Winter session is now closed as the course is full. Thank you for your interest!|
The Religious Education in Catholic Schools: Part I AQ is intended for the purpose of enhancing professional practice and extending knowledge and skills through critical reflection and inquiry. The course employs a critical pedagogical lens to explore the following in a holistic and integrated manner:
- Mission of Catholic schools;
- Sacred scriptures;
- Spiritual, sacramental and liturgical life;
- The Church and a post-modern world;
- Faith in action;
- Ethics and morality;
- Pedagogical practices for religious education;
- School ministry;
- The faith journey related to teaching and learning across the divisions.
Course Eligibility Requirements
- Certificate of Qualification: Participants must be registered with the Ontario College of Teachers (OCT) and must submit the OCT Certificate of Qualification to the course dropbox at the beginning of the course.
Permanent Teachers with HCDSB
HCDSB covers the cost of the Religious Education in Catholic Schools AQ courses for permanent HCDSB teachers. Permanent teachers interested in taking the course will be required to pay a fee of $100.00 at the time of registration. This $100.00 fee will be reimbursed to the candidate upon successful completion of the course.
Occasional Teachers (OT) and Long-term Occasional Teachers (LTO) with HCDSB
The cost of the Religious Education in Catholic Schools AQ courses for LTOs and OTs with the HCDSB is $550.00 per course. This fee is payable at the time of registration. LTOs and OTs who obtain a permanent teaching position with HCDSB will be reimbursed for the cost of the Religious Education in Catholic Schools AQ course, provided they have proof of payment and proof of successful completion of the course.
Teachers from Other School Boards
The cost of the Religious Education in Catholic Schools AQ courses for teachers from other school boards is $550.00 per course. This fee is payable online at the time of registration.