Session Begins: September 15, 2021
Course Ends: December 8, 2021
Thank you for your interested in the HCDSB AQ Courses. Registration for the HCDSB Fall AQ Courses is closed. Registration for the Winter sessions will open on December 14th.
The Religious Education in Catholic Schools: Specialist AQ is intended to enhance professional leadership practice through the facilitation of collective critical reflection and inquiry. The course employs a critical pedagogical lens to explore the following in a holistic and integrated manner:
- Mission of Catholic schools;
- Sacred scriptures;
- Spiritual, sacramental and liturgical life;
- The Church and a post-modern world;
- Faith in action;
- Ethics and morality;
- Pedagogical practices for religious education;
- School ministry; and
- The faith journey related to teaching and learning across the divisions.
Course Eligibility Requirements
- Certificate of Qualification: Participants must be registered with the Ontario College of Teachers (OCT) and must submit the OCT Certificate of Qualification to the course dropbox at the beginning of the course.
- Must hold Religious Education in Catholic Schools, Part II AQ
- Certificate of Teaching Experience: Evidence of at least two (2) years/388 days of successful teaching experience certified by a Superintendent (not a Principal).
- HCDSB Teachers: The confirmation of teaching experience is included as part of the online registration form, and HCDSB teachers are not required to submit the Certificate of Teaching Experience Form.
- Non-HCDSB Teachers: The Certificate of Teaching Experience Form must be completed and signed by a Superintendent (not a Principal) and posted in the course dropbox within 7 days of the course start date.
Permanent Teachers with HCDSB
HCDSB covers the cost of the Religious Education in Catholic Schools AQ courses for permanent HCDSB teachers. Permanent teachers interested in taking the course will be required to pay a fee of $100.00 at the time of registration. This $100.00 fee will be reimbursed to the candidate upon successful completion of the course.
Occasional Teachers (OT) and Long-term Occasional Teachers (LTO) with HCDSB
The cost of the Religious Education in Catholic Schools AQ courses for LTOs and OTs with the HCDSB is $550.00 per course. This fee is payable at the time of registration. LTOs and OTs who obtain a permanent teaching position with HCDSB will be reimbursed for the cost of the Religious Education in Catholic Schools AQ course, provided they have proof of payment and proof of successful completion of the course.
Teachers from Other School Boards
The cost of the Religious Education in Catholic Schools AQ courses for teachers from other school boards is $550.00 per course. This fee is payable online at the time of registration.
There is $50.00 cancellation fee for applicants who withdraw from the course on or before the course drop date. Course withdrawals after the course drop date will not receive a refund and candidates will be charged the full course payment. .