HCDSB currently offers an Extended French Program beginning in Grade 5 at various sites across our school district.
About the Program
Extended French is an optional program with limited enrolment. The goal of the Extended French Program is to develop functional proficiency in students through the provision of a significant amount of curriculum with French as the second language of instruction.
Students must be entering Grade 5 in their September start date, in order to be eligible to participate in the Board’s Extended French Program.
Where is this Program Offered?
The Extended French Program is offered regionally, and sites will change from time to time to address student enrolment and other considerations.
View the designated schools for the Extended French Program and their associated feeder schools.
Registration 2021-2022 School Year
The online registration process for the 2021-2022 school year took place from November 9-20, 2020.
There are still spaces available in the Grade 5 Extended French class at St. Francis of Assisi Catholic Elementary School. As a result, we have extended the online registration period for Halton Hills until January 8, 2021.
- Parents and guardians can visit: https://olr.hcdsb.org/Fusion/ and click Sign In.
- If you have not already created an account to register, click Create an account OR Sign in with an existing account if you already have one.
- Once signed in, parents can fill out a registration form for their child. Click Students and then Online Forms.
- *You will require your child’s OEN to complete the online registration form. Your child’s OEN can be found on a recent report card.
Learn More About the French Immersion Program
- A Parent’s Guide to Extended French
- A Parent’s Guide to Optional French Programs – The Registration Process
- A Parent’s Guide to Optional French Programs – What to Expect After Registration
About the Random Selection Process
Student enrolment in the Extended French program is determined through a random selection (lottery) process.
Parents will be notified if their child was selected through the random selection (lottery) process for a spot in an Extended French class, or notified if their child is on the waiting list.