HCDSB currently offers an optional French Immersion Program beginning in Grade 1 at schools across our district.
About the Program
The French Immersion Program develops functional proficiency in students through the provision of a significant amount of curriculum with French as the second language of instruction.
Students must be entering Grade 1 in their September start date, to be eligible to participate in the French Immersion Program offered at HCDSB.
Where is this Program Offered?
The French Immersion Program is offered regionally, and school sites will change from time to time to address student enrolment and other considerations.
View the designated schools for the French Immersion Program and their feeder schools.
Online Registration Begins January 19, 2022!
The online portal to register for Grade 1 French Immersion will open at 9:00 a.m. on Wednesday, January 19, 2022 until 11:59 p.m. on Friday, February 18, 2022.
Registering Your Child
- Please choose the designated Grade 1 French Immersion school in the online registration form based on your current home school (feeder school).
- The optional French Immersion Program has expanded so space in the program is no longer determined through a random selection (lottery) process.
- Only one registration per child will be accepted and included in the registration portal. All duplicate registrations will be CANCELLED.
About the Registration Form:
Parents and guardians are required to create an account if this is their first time completing the PowerSchool Enrolment form. Once signed in with an email address and password, you can save your form and come back at a later time if necessary.
If you already have an account, you can sign in and complete the form (you must use the same account to complete forms for multiple children).
- When you have finished entering your information and completed the form, select “Submit”. This will send all of the information you have entered to your school. If you cannot select this button, you will need to make sure that you have answered all required questions.
- If you have more than one child to register, you will need to provide information that is specific for each child. It is recommended that you submit an application for each child. This will allow you to “snap over” shared family information, which will save time.
If you have any technical questions when registering through this online form, please email the SIS team at SIS@hcdsb.org