The Catholic Parent Involvement Committee (CPIC) is a group of parents, trustees and Board staff who actively support parent engagement and involvement throughout the Halton Catholic District School Board.
CPIC provides an opportunity for Catholic School Council members to network, offer input and facilitate informative presentations on a number of education related topics throughout the school year.
The Board’s Mission Statement and Governing Values directly influence the foundation and goals of CPIC. Additionally, CPIC aims to:
- Increase parent involvement and responsibility in Catholic education;
- Promote and encourage communication amongst the home, school, parish and community;
- Be informed on current educational issues and practices;
- Serve as a vital link between all of our community partners and the Halton Catholic District School Board.
Below is a list of the current CPIC members for the 2021-2022 school year. CPIC members can be reached directly via email at: email@example.com.
- Gerry Bergin, Co-Chair
- Laura Gallo
- Maria Lourenco
- Sara Sywash
- Tiana Arruda-Newns
- Jordyn Crans
- Violeta Burany
- Camille Bardwell
North Halton Representatives
- Jennifer Santos, Chair
- Kevin Kamau
- Denice Garell-Teti, OAPCE Director
- Marvin Duarte, Vice-Chair and Milton Trustee
- Tim O’Brien, Burlington Trustee (alternate)
- Nancy Dinolfo, Superintendent of Education
- Vince Monaco, Principal
- Vince Chininea, Principal (alternate)
- Fr. Dave Walter, Holy Cross Parish, Georgetown