The Equity and Inclusive Education Steering Committee was established in January 2020 to guide our school board’s vision for equity and inclusive education and support the implementation of related policy and procedure.
The mandate of the Equity and Inclusive Education Steering Committee is to:
- Lend vision to our Equity and Inclusive Education Policy – Policy II-45 Equity and Inclusive Education
- Review and support the implementation of the Equity and Inclusive Education Procedure – Procedure VI-54 Equity and Inclusive Education
- Represent student and staff voice to embed equity as a key lens in supporting student & staff achievement and wellbeing;
- Share promising practices for promoting equitable outcomes and addressing systemic barriers;
- Track and report on progress on equity and inclusion initiatives to Senior Leadership;
- Be champions for equity across our school district.
The Equity and Inclusive Education Steering Committee is comprised of diverse stakeholders. Under the leadership of the Director of Education, membership includes representation from Trustees, Superintendents of Education, Indigenous Education, Research, Communications, Curriculum, Social Work, Mental Health, Special Education, Religious Education, Multicultural Education, Human Rights & Equity and School Administrators.