At HCDSB, we value open communication and want to keep you up-to-date on what’s happening in our schools and across our district.
Join the Conversation
Follow us on Twitter and Instagram, and like us on Facebook. You can reach out to us on Twitter by including our handle, @HCDSB. We welcome your comments and suggestions!
HCDSB Social Media Accounts:
- Facebook: Halton Catholic District School Board
- Twitter: @HCDSB
- Instagram: @HaltonCatholicDSB
- YouTube: Halton Catholic DSB
- Linkedin: Halton Catholic District School Board
Read our Social Media Procedure (VI-63) for more information!
Social Media Guidelines
HCDSB’s social media guidelines are applicable to all of the social media accounts listed above. Any other account, third-party page or Twitter handle, using a similar name or seemingly related to the Board, should not be confused with the official accounts.
Hours of Availability
Our Board’s social media accounts are run and monitored by the Strategic Communications department, primarily during the hours of 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. from Monday to Friday. From time to time, content may be posted outside of these working hours.
The Board follows members of our Halton community, as well as related organizations and community partners. Although HCDSB may like others on Facebook and follow profiles on Twitter, this does not imply endorsement.
Retweeting and Sharing Content
HCDSB will retweet and share content from other accounts that may offer useful information to our community. Although we cannot respond to all questions, related posts, and inquiries, we will retweet and respond to as much relevant content as we can.
Commenting and Posting Guidelines
We encourage you to participate and add value to all online conversations. This includes offering feedback, asking questions and inquiring about new programs and services. As much as we welcome your feedback and opinions, please be respectful and keep your comments and posts appropriate. To protect your privacy, if you are asking a question related to your child or their school, please direct message us or send an email to email@example.com so that we can further assist you.
Rules of Conduct for Online Interactions
From time to time, we may establish online forums to encourage parents, staff and members of our community to share comments and ask questions on a particular matter.
- Appropriate Language: Please avoid personal attacks, slurs, and profanity in your activities on any forum.
- Confidentiality: Please do not post anything on forums or social media accounts that you do not want to share publicly. You should not post personal information (such as your child’s full name, address, telephone number, etc.), or other confidential information.
- Please be respectful and appropriate with the comments and information you offer in the public domain. Do not threaten, harass, demean or insult other users. Keep in mind that other participants are members of our community.
Please be advised that the HCDSB has the right to remove and/or report any of the following on a forum or social media page:
- Comments/posts that do not comply with our mission, vision, and values.
- Comments/posts that violate the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms.
- Comments/posts that are confidential in nature or offer personal and/or financial information.
- Comments/posts that are derogatory, abusive, demeaning, slanderous, hateful, discriminatory and/or racist or in any way insinuate cyber bullying.
- Spam, solicitations or advertisements.
- Any comments/posts that suggest illegal behaviour.
If you have any questions related to our social media accounts or social media guidelines, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.