Whether your child is just entering Kindergarten for the first time or transferring from another school board, we’re happy to help you register your child for school at HCDSB!
2021-2022 Kindergarten Registrations
Here’s what you need to know to register your child for the Kindergarten Program beginning in September, 2021:
Age Requirements to Start Kindergarten
- Year 1 (Junior Kindergarten) – children must be 4 years of age on or before December 31, 2021.
- Year 2 (Senior Kindergarten) – children must be 5 years of age on or before December 31, 2021.
NOTE: Children currently registered in the Year 1 Kindergarten program at an HCDSB school are not required to register for Year 2. Placement in Year 2 will be processed by the school, unless otherwise stated.
Learn more about our HCDSB Kindergarten Program.
Part 1 – Online Registration
- Online registration is available as the first step of the registration process for ALL students entering Kindergarten to Grade 12.
- Once signed in, parents will need to fill out an online registration form for their child.
If you have never used the online registration portal, you will need to create an account first:
- Visit: registration.ca.powerschool.com/family/
- If this is the first time you are visiting the site and do not have an account, you will first need to create one. Click the “Create Account” button.
- Once you have completed this process, you will be able to login with your email and password.
Not sure which school is in your boundary?
Check out our School Finder Tool.
Part 2 – Complete Registration In-Person
Once you have completed the online portion of the registration (Part 1), you will be contacted directly by the school’s main office to arrange a time to complete Part 2 of the registration process to share the necessary documents.
What Documents Will You Need to Complete Part 2 of the Registration?
You bring the following documents to their appointment to complete Part 2 (required documents):
- Birth Certificate
- Year 1 Kindergarten – children are required to be 4 years of age on or before December 31, 2021.
- Year 2 Kindergarten – children are required to be 5 years of age on or before December 31, 2021.
- Roman or Eastern Rite Catholic baptismal certificate.
If your child has no Roman/Eastern Rite Catholic baptismal certificate, your child may be admitted if one parent can provide a Roman/Eastern Rite Catholic baptismal certificate. Please refer to the Board’s Operating Policy I-22 for more information.
- Proof of address
Questionnaire for Kindergarten Parents
After registering your child for Kindergarten, parents are encouraged to complete the following questionnaire: