Whether your child is just entering Kindergarten for the first time or transferring from another school board, we’re happy to help you register your child for school at HCDSB!
2021-2022 Advanced Kindergarten Registrations
Although we accept registrations at any time throughout the school year, this year, in light of the health and safety protocols in place in our schools due to COVID-19, we have set aside three weeks for advanced Kindergarten registration for children in Year 1 (Junior Kindergarten) or children new to our school in Year 2 (Senior Kindergarten).
Parents interested in registering their child in Kindergarten for the 2021-2022 school year are asked to complete Part 1 of the registration process online.
Due to the extension of the remote learning period, Part 2 of the registration process will be rescheduled after schools reopen for in-person learning.
NOTE: You will be contacted by your home school to complete Part 2 once schools reopen for in-person learning.
Learn more about our HCDSB Kindergarten Program.
Part 1 – Online Registration
- Online registration is available as the first step of the registration process.
- Once signed in, parents will need to fill out an online registration form for their child.
If you have never used the online registration portal, you will need to create an account first:
- Visit: https://olr.hcdsb.org/Fusion/
- Click Sign in on the top right-hand corner
- Click on the green button to Create Your Account
- Once you have followed the instructions, you will be able to login with your personal username/email and password.
Not sure which school is in your boundary?
Check out our School Finder Tool.
Part 2 – Complete Registration In-Person
Once you have completed the online portion of the registration (Part 1), you will be contacted directly by the school’s main office to arrange a time to complete Part 2 of the registration process to share the necessary documents.
What Documents Will You Need to Complete Part 2 of the Registration?
You bring the following documents to their appointment to complete Part 2 (required documents):
- Birth Certificate
- Year 1 Kindergarten – children are required to be 4 years of age on or before December 31, 2021.
- Year 2 Kindergarten – children are required to be 5 years of age on or before December 31, 2021.
- Roman or Eastern Rite Catholic baptismal certificate.
If your child has no Roman/Eastern Rite Catholic baptismal certificate, your child may be admitted if one parent can provide a Roman/Eastern Rite Catholic baptismal certificate. Please refer to the Board’s Operating Policy I-22 for more information.
- Proof of address
After registering your child for Kindergarten, parents are encouraged to complete the following questionnaire: