The Return to School Plan 2021-2022 provides the protocols, guidelines and expectations that will be in place to help prevent and respond to cases of COVID-19 in HCDSB schools and workplaces during the 2021-2022 school year.
This plan was developed in consultation with Halton Region Public Health, and is based on the guidance and directions outlined in the Ontario government’s COVID-19: Health, Safety and Operational Guidance for Schools 2021-2022. The plan also includes local guidance by Halton Region Public Health through the Recommendations for School Reopening 2021-2022. The various aspects of this plan are subject to change based on the most current information provided by the Ministry of Education and/or from the local or provincial Public Health departments.
As we developed the Return to School Plan 2021-2022, we focused on the following goals:
- Having protocols in place to ensure students and staff remain healthy and safe.
- Assessing student learning gaps and developing plans to provide appropriate intervention, where needed.
- Continuation of online/distance learning opportunities to supplement in-school instruction.
- An ongoing focus on mental health supports for students and staff returning to in-person learning and those who continue to learn from home.
- Re-engaging the school community through the reintroduction of co-curricular activities, school social events and home/school/parish initiatives.
Click on the icons below to learn more about our Return to School Plan for the 2021-2022 school year.
Maintaining Safe & Healthy Schools
Re-engaging our Catholic School Community
Meeting the Needs of All Learners
Enhancing Online Capacity
Supporting Mental Health & Well-Being
Frequently Asked Questions