Enhanced cleaning and disinfection protocols will be followed in all HCDSB schools and workplaces.
- All high-touch points* in common areas and washrooms will be disinfected midday or when visibly dirty.
- Cleaning and disinfection in the evenings of all common areas, classrooms, and washrooms, including all high-touch points.
- Disinfectant wipes and no-touch disinfectant spray will be provided in the classroom for disinfection of high-touch items throughout the day.
- Gymnasiums will be disinfected daily. Disinfectant wipes or no-touch disinfectant spray will be provided each day.
- School cafeterias have dedicated custodial staff to provide continuous cleaning throughout the lunch period.
- Hand hygiene and disinfection station resources will be inspected daily and restocked as needed.
- Staff rooms will be cleaned daily in the evenings. Disinfectant wipes or no-touch disinfectant spray will be provided for intraday disinfection, as required.
- A project cleaning team will be assembled and trained to respond to potential outbreaks.
*High-touch points include doorknobs, light switches, push plates, panic bars, handrails, elevator buttons, faucet handles, flush handles, stall latches, product dispensers, paper towel dispensers, benches and bottle fillers.