- School bus transportation will be provided during the 2021-2022 school year, and bus routes will be designed to accommodate all eligible students.
- Bus routes will run at full capacity, with enhanced safety protocols using:
- Assigned seating
- Enhanced cleaning protocols
- Students will be assigned seats and an electronic copy of the seating plan will be kept to assist with contact tracing in the case of a student or driver contracting COVID-19.
- To the extent possible, windows should be opened for natural ventilation.
- All bus drivers must complete the COVID-19 School Screening Tool BEFORE arriving at work.
- Students who have symptoms associated with COVID-19 or have been exposed to COVID19, or in self-isolation due to travel must stay home. They should not use student transportation services.
- If a student develops symptoms while at school, they will not be permitted to take the school bus home and should be picked up by a parent/guardian.
- HSTS will be notified of any students who become symptomatic while at school or are a confirmed/probable COVID-19 case.
Enhanced Cleaning Protocols
- School vehicles will follow an enhanced cleaning protocol of disinfecting high-touch surfaces (for example, handrails, seatbacks) at least twice daily.
- Students will be encouraged to bring hand sanitizer with them and sanitize hands before entering the bus.
- Alcohol-based hand sanitizer will be available on each bus for use by the bus driver, in the event they have to assist a student.