IMPORTANT: Both indoor and outdoor bookings that follow provincial COVID-19 regulations are currently available.
Community Use of Schools
Community use of schools is permitted provided activities are aligned with public health guidance and direction and comply with the applicable provincial requirements under the Reopening Ontario Act.
The following guidelines must be followed for all community use permits within HCDSB facilities:
- Any visitors to a school are required to self-screen and to wear a mask while on school premises. The mask may be removed only while participating in permitted sports.
- User groups will ensure that visitor lists and information are maintained and readily available to be provided to public health for contact tracing purposes in accordance with all applicable legislation, including the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
- Capacity limits for the permitted space will be calculated based on the Provincial guidance at the date/time of the permit.
- Evening community use of schools bookings will be limited to 1 user group per school per evening.
- Multiple user group bookings will be permitted on weekends with a 30-minute gap in between bookings for cleaning and disinfection.
How to View and Rent Available Facilities
To view and book available facilities, please register here.
Please note that all booking requests should be made at least 10 business days in advance. Requests made on short notice may not be processed in time for the booking date.
If you have any questions or comments, please contact:
Phone: 905-632-6314, ext. 184
Toll free: 1-800-741-8382
For more information on our Board’s Community Use of Schools policy, please refer to Policy V-1, Use of School Grounds and Community Use of School Facilities.
Hours of Availability*
- Monday to Friday 6 p.m. to 10 p.m.
- Saturday and Sunday 8 a.m. to 10 p.m.
*Extended hours available by request. For summer availability, please email email@example.com.
Annual Booking Calendar
Summer Facility Bookings:
Public bookings for the summer will be reviewed each year starting April 15. All bookings received prior to this date will be reviewed in order of receipt.
The last day to request new bookings for the summer is May 31.
School Year Facility Bookings:
Public bookings for the school year will be reviewed each year starting September 15. All bookings received prior to this date will be queued and reviewed in order of receipt.
No public bookings will be accepted prior to August.
All groups must be insured with a minimum of $2 million in general liability insurance. The insurance must list the Halton Catholic District School Board as an additional insured, and a copy must be passed on to the board before the community use of schools permit is approved. In some circumstances, insurance can be purchased through the board. Please indicate this on your permit request and contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
If you are unable to find any available space at our sites, please contact the Halton District School Board.
For more information regarding your rental category and community use of schools rates, please contact your local municipality: